(Adopted 03/06/19 Minute 107/19i) To be reviewed: May 2020)
The Staffing Committee of Elham Parish Council consists of the Chairman and Vice-Chairman of the Parish Council and two other Councillor. The quorum of the committee shall be a minimum of 50% of all those entitled to attend.
The Chairman of the Committee shall be appointed at the first meeting of the Committee following the Annual Parish Council meeting.
The appointment of members to this Committee is decided at the Annual Parish Council meeting.
- To recruit, retain and develop staff to undertake the work of the Parish Council.
- To arrange execution of new employment contract and changes to contracts.
- To draft, implement, review, monitor and revise staffing policies to make recommendations to Full Council,
- To draft, implement, review, monitor Financial Regulations and Financial Risk Assessment, which relate to Staffing to make recommendations to Full Council for approval.
- To make recommendation on staffing related expenditure to Full Council.
- To establish and review pay scales for staff for approval by Full Council.
- To supervise and performance manage the Clerk’s work, to administer leave requests, record and monitor absences, handle grievance and disciplinary matters, approve time sheets, monthly salary payments and expenses payments which may be prior to the next Ordinary Parish Council Meeting.
- To undertake an annual appraisal of the Clerk.